Ukraine enlists itself into the category of rare countries in the world where surrogacy is permitted and governed by law. The majority of European nations however rejected this form of infertility therapy. For instance, the Supreme Federal Court of Germany passed a law outlawing surrogacy there. Reproductology congresses are conducted yearly in Ukraine, and professionals from all over the world participate.
In Kyiv, Kharkov, Odessa, and Dnipro, there are more than 30 private surrogacy centre in Ukraine, and as a result, more than 12,000 children have been born. Couples from all over the globe come to Ukraine for infertility treatment because of our high standard of medical care, extensive expertise, and reliable surrogate mothers.
According to Order No. 787 of the Ukrainian Ministry of Health:
Adult males and females have the right to visit infertility treatment facilities and surrogacy agency in Ukraine, which are subject to rigorous secrecy laws. Egg donors may be anonymous volunteers or female patients’ relatives.
The following are the obligations and rights of program participants as defined by Ukrainian law:
• Couples can employ surrogate mother services to cure infertility, and surrogacy centre in Ukraine and hospitals are required by law to maintain patient privacy.
• All medical operations performed over the course of the surrogacy in Ukraine must adhere to rigorous legal standards. Spouses are given comprehensive information about the entire program’s complexities, the survey’s findings, and any possible hazards.
• The contract that they sign prior to the start of the program governs the interaction between the husbands and the surrogate mother.
The agreement related to surrogacy in Ukraine specifies the parties’ duties and safeguards their rights:
The surrogate mother agrees to transfer the newborn to the parents after delivery; she does not acquire any parental rights to the child and is not entitled to challenge this in court. The married couple pays the surrogate mother financial compensation for the services provided in the amount specified in the contract.
The names of the parents are legally entered on the birth certificate right away, without a judge’s approval.
How feasible is surrogacy in Ukraine?
It is possible to compensate a surrogate mother financially in some nations where the practice is accepted. In certain nations, becoming a surrogate can only be done for free or with charitable intentions. In several American states as well as Ukraine, Russia, Georgia, Thailand, and India, paid programming is permitted. The amount of money that a surrogate mother can be paid in Ukraine for her services is not restricted by the law.
A lady may be paid up to €22,000 for her services. The surrogate mother receives the initial portion of her payment on the day of IVF or upon confirmation of pregnancy. After giving birth and giving the kid to the parents, the lady receives a portion of the remuneration. The price for the surrogate mother and related fees, as well as additional costs, make up the program’s cost for a married couple.
• Examination, IVF treatment, management of the pregnancy and labor, medicines, and legal help.
• The program’s price for a married couple might change (extra charge for childbirth by cesarean section, multiple pregnancy, pregnancy preservation).
Ukraine’s requirements for becoming a surrogate mother
• Must be a Ukrainian citizen
• up to 36 years of age (optimal age for pregnancy)
• her own healthy child (confirmation that a woman can bear and give birth)
• a favorable Rh factor (we do not take women with a negative Rh factor as the risk of developing a Rh conflict during pregnancy increases).
• absence of prior experience with caesarean delivery.
• a good way of life sans negative habits.
• The woman is psychologically ready to take part in the program, according to the psychologist’s assessment.
• the lack of chronic conditions that might affect how pregnancy and delivery normally go.
One must connect with the best surrogacy agency in Ukraine to avail the best benefits regarding surrogacy in Ukraine. This way, they can avoid any legal or social complications on their way through.